Fluxus box - Explorers



Title: Fluxus box - Explorers
Material used: 
  • Plywood
  • balsawood
  • screw eyes
  •  fishing line
  • electric wires
  • sheet of corkboard
  •  2 portable batteries light boxes.
 
Dimensions:  ­15”x12.3”x 12.1”













Artist statement:

  I created Fluxus box by inspiration the movie, “The explorers” by 1985. It’s all about main character dreamt and he wanted to travel out of the space after his favorite movie, and he and his friends decided to build homemade spaceship. I want my Fluxus box for guests to see and imagine that anything ability to build with.

     

 



In process:


 I drew a draft diagram.



                     

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I built birch plywood box together by air nail gun 4 sides (left, right, top, bottom). I drilled holes of front panel of box and installed 4 rubbed age bronze peepholes. I screwed 4 corners on the front of box to the box.













I built plywood stick as ladder with wood glue. I drew shapes of tools and cut around the lines and sanded them.  I put the color wires together and cut end of wires and then I taped the electric tape wires together. I cut the strip of corkboard and weaved fishing line through the strip of corkboard. I put 3 screw eyes strip of scrap wood and then I used hot glue the fishing line for each represent (wooden shapes, wires, and strip of cork) on the screw eyes. And I screwed them on strip of scrap wood then I used wood glue to stick strap of scrap wood on the ceiling of the box.  I cut 2 squares box on sheet of cork for light box to show the items then I tighten and glued the sheet on bottom of inside of the box.
























 
 

 

 

Look through peepholes!!


 
 


















 

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Masking Tape Shoes

SPATIAL BLUEPRINT

Memento - Bonfire